| 
  • If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Whenever you search in PBworks, Dokkio Sidebar (from the makers of PBworks) will run the same search in your Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Gmail, and Slack. Now you can find what you're looking for wherever it lives. Try Dokkio Sidebar for free.

View
 

Minutes-June-2022

Page history last edited by Elli Mylonas 5 months, 2 weeks ago Saved with comment

EDAG June 2022 call agenda

 

Date: Tuesday 21st June 15:00–16:00 BST

 

Present: Gabriel Bodard (GB), Hugh Cayless (HC), Scott DiGiulio (SD), Elli Mylonas (EMy), Alessio Sopracasa (AS), Irene Vagionakis (IV)

 

Apologies: Charlotte Tupman, Scott Vanderbilt, Martina Filosa, Thomas Kollatz

 

Chair: Scott DiGiulio (SD)

 

Post meeting minute cleanup: EMy

 

Agenda items:

  • Approve May minutes

  • Updates on postponed release (v 9.4) The release has been postponed because of a complication with the new server. There are several ways to make the release process simpler, although they may not address the complications of the new server.

    • GitLab vs. GitHub vs. SVN

      • Two ultimate questions: where do we publish guidelines, and where does the code base live (Sourceforge or elsewhere)?

        • GitHub/GitLab offer more automation for the release process. We could also stage draft guidelines using Git Pages.  

        • Migration might be complicated. It depends on what of all the content we decide to migrate. We could leave existing issues and other pages on SF.

      • In order to consider the pros and cons of migrating the guidelines into GitHub, and potentially reconsidering where we are hosting the EpiDoc package

        • Smaller working group will bring a proposal back to the rest of the group (HC, GB, EMy, TKo, AS); report back by September

      • HC, GB, and some others should meet with Tom to discuss the prognosis of the current complications as well as the possibility of migration

  • Report on EFES Meeting on 14 June, 4pm - 6pm CEST. Several projects met and described what customizations and desiderata they are working with for EFES.  

    • What has been done, desiderata, further actions to be taken

      • Next meeting planned for 1 Aug at same time

      • 20 July as deadline for projects reporting needs/existing progress

      • Much of the major desiderata are in the existing work schedule at SigiDoc

  • Draft email for new EDAG chair + repoll from July

    • GB will poll for Jul–Sep EDAG times. (DONE)

    • Should make sure that we have overlapping chairs, 3 months overlap, 6 month total tenure.

    • SJD and MF will decide which of them stays on

    • AS volunteers temporarily

  • Invitation to EpiDoc verse workshop: November 7–8. GB will email. (DONE)

  • Standing items:

  • New business: 

    • in addition to periodic ticket sprints, add a periodic Guidelines sprint?

    • Develop a style-guide for new editors of the guidelines?

 

Next calls:

 

Tuesday 19th July, 15:00–16:00 BST 

 

Please e-mail epidocag@googlegroups.com if you foresee problems (e.g. holidays, EpiDoc training events etc.) for future dates.

 

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.