| 
  • If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Whenever you search in PBworks, Dokkio Sidebar (from the makers of PBworks) will run the same search in your Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Gmail, and Slack. Now you can find what you're looking for wherever it lives. Try Dokkio Sidebar for free.

View
 

Minutes August 2021

Page history last edited by Gabriel Bodard 1 year, 2 months ago

EDAG August 2021 call agenda

 

Date: Tuesday 17th August 2021 • 17:00–18:00 BST

 

Present: Alice Bencivenni (AB), Gabriel Bodard (GB), Hugh Cayless (HC), Scott DiGiulio (SJD), Martina Filosa (MF), Thomas Kollatz (TKo), Elli Mylonas (EMy), Irene Vagionakis (IV), Polina Yordanova (PY)

 

Apologies: Tom Elliott, Pietro Liuzzo, Alessio Sopracasa, Charlotte Tupman, Scott Vanderbilt

 

Chair: Irene Vagionakis (IV)

 

Post meeting minute cleanup: EMy

 

Agenda items:

  • Approve July minutes (before MF/AS upload them to wiki) -- APPROVED

  • New chair & co-chair election: Scott DG & Martina volunteer!

    • Perhaps best to move to a model where we have overlapping 6-month terms for each (i.e. co-chairs will overlap for three months at a time)

  • EpiDoc Wikidata: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q5382396

    • Deferring discussion for the time being

  • Tickets / Markup List Reminder

    • <am> content model: guidelines need improving? EM will make ticket and propose wording

    • FR 156 Remove legacy Unicode display of glyphs from XSLT

      • GB will experiment with solution

    • FR 155 Expansion to the ligature guidelines

      • Suggestion of expanding guidelines on lemmatization, perhaps including an example from the Norse inscriptions? Check what is the existing practice in traditional Old Norse epigraphic editions

      • Deferring action other than clarification until next month’s ticket sprint

    • FR 154Marking transitions in language and/​or script in the text

      • SJD will take first stab at writing up guidelines; language and script can be handled in header, transitions using <foreign> and/or <seg> seem to be best recommendations

      • Might call for discussing with TEI and potentially adding a <langShift> element?

    • bug 182 - run guidelines generation process on compiled ODD instead of raw ODD - TE DONE

  • Review requested for PR#5 before merging: new sprint to review this? Return to this at Sept ticket sprint.

  • EFES Java issues: need people with technical skills to do some tests on Mac

    • GB will post request to Markup (DONE)

  • SunoikisisDC sessions on EpiDoc (1) text transcription encoding (GB & PY); (2) structured description/history (GB & SJD)

  • Ticket sprint next month: GB will be TicketWrangler

 

Next call:

Tuesday 21st September, 16:00-18:00 BST - Ticket sprint 

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.