| 
  • If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

View
 

Minutes April 2021

Page history last edited by Gabriel Bodard 4 months, 1 week ago

EDAG April 2021 call minutes

 

Date: Tuesday 20th April 2021 • 17:00–18:00 BST

 

Present: Gabriel Bodard (GB), Scott DiGiulio (SD), Tom Elliott (TE), Thomas Kollatz (TKo), Emmanuelle Morlock (EMo), Elli Mylonas (EMy), Simona Stoyanova (SS), Charlotte Tupman (CT), Irene Vagionakis (IV), Polina Yordanova (PY)

 

Apologies: Alessio Sopracasa, Martina Filosa, Alice Bencivenni

 

Chair: Polina Yordanova (PY)

 

Post meeting minute cleanup: GB

 

Agenda items:

  • Approve March minutes

    • approved; TKo will upload (along with Feb minutes [brief because Ticket sprint])

  • Report on April London/Bologna sprint

    • IV feedback: asynchronous event less exhausting that real-time teaching

    • Less feedback on Markup list than expected

    • But lots of questions and discussion on forums/live Q&A sessions

      • quite advanced questions: EFES, how to display stoichedon, how do I find someone to write a stylesheet for me… how to render the unclear element...

    • video tutorials were a success (Youtube channel)—asynchronous use valuable and appreciated

      • slideshows in new EpiDoc Google Drive

      • translations, subtitles and closed captions would all be valuable (but no ideal solution found yet)

  • Tickets / Markup List Reminder

    • Stoichedon? it would be nice to engage with the question (SD will reply to list)

    • New Bug Report https://sourceforge.net/p/epidoc/bugs/181/

      • Solved (among a million other things) by Hugh's pull request
      • which needs thought, therefore in the interim…
      • TE will cherry-pick those two commits)

  • EFES standing agenda item

    • EFES (Java/Cocoon) stability sprint - (can someone find some resource to pay JNZ to work on this?)

    • September training workshop (Sep 6–10) in EFES and XLST - GB & MF & IV & PY & all the help we can get!

    • April 2022 Practical and digital epigraphy (Katherine McDonald’s “future leaders” grant)

  • Do we want to let https://epidocumentation.pbworks.com/ die?

    • Unanimous: yes. Please no one click on or edit that wiki!

  • New poll for EDAG weekly time (GB - DONE)

    • Time not changed. 

 

Next calls:

Tuesday 18th May, 17:00 BST

Tuesday 15th June, 17:00 BST

Tuesday 20th July, 17:00 BST

Tuesday 17th August, 17:00 BST

Tuesday 21st September, 17:00 BST

Tuesday 19th October, 17:00 BST

Tuesday 16th November, 17:00 GMT

 

Please e-mail Irene if you foresee problems (e.g. holidays, EpiDoc training events etc.) for future dates

 

 

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.