| 
  • If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Finally, you can manage your Google Docs, uploads, and email attachments (plus Dropbox and Slack files) in one convenient place. Claim a free account, and in less than 2 minutes, Dokkio (from the makers of PBworks) can automatically organize your content for you.

View
 

Minutes July 2020

Page history last edited by Gabriel Bodard 3 months, 4 weeks ago

Date: Tuesday 21st July 2020 – 17:00 BST

 

Present: Gabriel Bodard (GB), Hugh Cayless (HC), Scott DiGiulio (SD), Tom Elliott (TE), Laura Löser (LL), Elli Mylonas (EMy) (chair), Simona Stoyanova (SS), Charlotte Tupman (CT), Irene Vagionakis (IV)

 

Apologies: Thomas Kollatz, Pietro Liuzzo, Scott Vanderbilt, Polina Yordanova

 

Chair: Elli Mylonas (EMy)

 

Post meeting minute cleanup by: GB

 

Agenda items:

  • Approve May minutes: approved

  • Any remaining business from ticket sprint in June?

    • Ticket Czar (LL) chased up tickets we didn’t get to. Not clear if anyone acted on her nudge or not.

    • All tickets should be given milestone of “9.2” or “future” (and ownership confirmed or reassigned)

  • Schedule next release (9.2)

    • The last release (9.1) was on 26th October 2019

    • (Next TEI release due mid-Aug 2020, so we will inherit content from that)

    • Provisional release date of Tuesday, October 13th, 2020.

      • Working backwards (as per https://sourceforge.net/p/epidoc/wiki/ReleaseProc/)

      • Candidate release: Thurs Oct 8

      • Feature freeze and call for testing: Mon Oct 5

      • Last call for edits: Mon Sep 28

      • Announce release schedule: Mon Sep 14 (Just before the next EDAG call, conveniently!)

    • Release technician: IV has volunteered (to be supported by key-holders esp. for Stoa needs)

  • New EpiDoc urls and official address (https://epidoc.stoa.org/) (TE)

    • Virtual host on leased server supported financially by ISAW. 

    • Changes to URLs and redirect rules - old URLs (e.g. in SF wiki) now redirect to new site. (global rule: www.stoa.org/epidoc/* -> epidoc.stoa.org/*)

    • Managing robots.txt files to encourage indexing of the right stuff, not the old stuff; search results returning new URLs, ecc.

    • ACTION: update Release Process to reflect new arrangement, and new processes for credentials and permissions. (SJD has added his edits to the document)

  • EpiDogito (repo) (GB)

    • Rainer Simon + GB working Recogito export with valid Epidoc. Nothing to see yet, coming soon. Should be nice for visibility, and an example of cross-project/tool collaboration.

  • EFES (standing agenda item)

    • Sustainability (+optics) (FAQ)

      • This page attempts to answer common objections to the platform and dependencies of EFES. Feedback would be welcome.

      • It would be especially useful to know how convincing a response to skepticism this page is. What other doubts should we address? Email EFES user group with any feedback if you can (or Gabby or EDAG list if you prefer)

    • There are currently (at least) three funding bids in, that would involve new EFES development if funded

  • ICS EpiDoc page (link) (GB)

    • Mostly local Epidoc activities (GB, SS, colleagues)

    • Model for other institutions and departments. 

  • EpiDoc DCWiki sprint? And Wikipedia update? (GB)

    • GB would like any/all Epidoc projects to be present on DCWiki. 

    • Do we want to organize a wiki sprint around EpiDoc activities and projects?

    • Wikipedia - please improve the page. (We should feel ok to edit, as long as we adhere to citation practices.)

  • Epigraphic Ontology group (epont) (PL)

    • This list now combines older discussion with Epigraphy.info ontology action group from last workshop. PL’s latest email reports state of play and suggests actions.

    • *ALL*: Please do engage with Pietro’s email!

  • Greek Academy and other remote workshops - workshop progress ?

    • How shall we think about communicating about remote workshops?

    • Teach asynchronously?

    • Issue of payment/honoraria for trainers (in lieu of travel expenses!)

  • Outstanding tickets:

    • LL will email again with a deadline of the end of this month: either unassign oneself or add comment that they are live

    • GB will check tickets and ping reprobates after the end of July. A few tickets were unassigned, and will remain attached to milestone:”future” until someone adopts them.

    • Possible ticket sprint in August/Sept, unless that work can be done offlist… (*hard* deadline of Oct 5 for development).

 

 

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.