| 
  • If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Finally, you can manage your Google Docs, uploads, and email attachments (plus Dropbox and Slack files) in one convenient place. Claim a free account, and in less than 2 minutes, Dokkio (from the makers of PBworks) can automatically organize your content for you.

View
 

Minutes 11 December 2018

Page history last edited by Gabriel Bodard 2 years, 5 months ago

 

To Validate

 

2018-12-11 EDAG call agenda/minutes

Present: Emmanuelle Morlock (EMo), Gabriel Bodard (GB), Elli Mylonas (EMy), Laura Löser (LL), Polina Yordanova (PY), Simona Stoyanova (SS), Tamara Kalkhitashvili (TK), Scott DiGiulio (SD)

Regrets: Tom Elliott, Scott Vanderbilt, Hugh Cayless

Chair: EMo

Convocation: LL

 

  1. Setting up a template for agenda/minutes and a shared folder.

  • Regular items to consider (among other items):

    • Identify tickets ahead of time so people can look at them. 3 categories:

      • Stylesheets

      • Schema

      • Guidelines

    • EFES updates and status

    • Workshops (planned and possible)

    • Epidoc consultancies

      • EpiDoc dev wishlist

    • Reports on new projects (substantial or growing the community)

      • Epigraphy.info

      • Epigraphic ontology (epont)

  • Some calls will be solely devoted in the processing of tickets (issues or requests). These meetings could be planned to be longer (eg. 90-120 min).  We’ll start this ticket-dedicated meeting next January meeting. 90 min. Laura will send a doodle poll.
    Update : doodle poll January 15th | January 22nd see: https://doodle.com/poll/s4s43g7z6dxifqiv

 

  1. Gabby: `att.canonical` added to the content model of `<date>`,
    as discussed in the TEI ticket
    https://github.com/TEIC/TEI/issues/1821 , which is a temporary EpiDoc customization pending the next TEI release. The resulting schema is currently at http://www.stoa.org/epidoc/schema/dev/tei-epidoc.rng (not "latest" because it has not been approved or tested).

    1. (note that this attribute isn’t necessary for perio.do references, since those can go into @period)
       

  2. Gabby :  addition of `<xenoData>` to the EpiDoc schema

    1. Request (second hand and word of mouth) - for ex. for RDF included in EpiDoc file.

    2. Suggested to table until a ticket comes in, though we can discuss adding it depending on the use cases -- places to look in TEI are not only the guidelines but also github discussion when element was made (see https://github.com/TEIC/TEI/issues/453).

  3. Pietro's email: List of softwares to publish EpiDoc
    from his micro demos prepared for the
    epigraphy.info workshop

    1. EMo talked to Pietro a few weeks ago. He was looking for tools that can be used to publish EpiDoc projects. Not much discussion today because he isn’t here and it may be too late because he’s presenting this weekend.

    2. Should restructure software page on the EpiDoc SF wiki, then ask Pietro to add information to software on SF wiki - rescheduled till after Christmas/next meeting.

  4. tei-epidoc.odd with behaviours (processing models) or other customisations needed for CETEIcean and TEI-Publisher

    1. EMo suggests that this take the shape of an “as is” repo that houses parts of processing models/style sheets that others can reuse. Could also add instructions recommending odd chaining and not customizing directly in the EpiDoc ODD.

    2. GB says to create a new repo in the git EpiDoc org to hold any work that has been done so far by EMo and PL, and then others may follow.

  5. (option if time) One or two tickets for which discussion is needed

  6. Gabby : EFES
    Gabby wants to try to raise some more funding to complete the creation of EFES—as many of you know, I do not believe it is as easy for a non-specialist to customize and deploy as we claimed it would be. If anyone is interested in discussing possibilities, we can do so.

    1. Clarification on EFES : not as customizable for non technical profiles than we had planned :

      1. We need more work on that.

    2. Other possible lines of work for EFES new funding: higher functionalities (date slider, geo-visualizations, prosopographical data, linked data)...

    3. A dedicated meeting is to be organized in march 2019 (LL)

  7. (option) Epigraphy workshops
    Quick round the group information sharing about events/actions linked to EpiDoc (eg. epigraphy workshop)

    1. GB: 4 EpiDoc workshops in spring (Tbilisi, Helsinki, Ankara, London).

 

Update 2019-11-01 (source: email from LL - 2019-01-10)

  • January call: see above issue 1. TODO: check your assigned tickets and be prepared to discuss their status/future at the call.

Agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wDggezFcb7fPzExrKgWbN7yj-R5IBTiSPU3pnuVAQ7A/edit

 

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.