| 
  • If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Finally, you can manage your Google Docs, uploads, and email attachments (plus Dropbox and Slack files) in one convenient place. Claim a free account, and in less than 2 minutes, Dokkio (from the makers of PBworks) can automatically organize your content for you.

View
 

Minutes April 2016

Page history last edited by Gabriel Bodard 4 years, 12 months ago

Present: Gabriel Bodard (GB), Hugh Cayless (HC), Emmanuelle Morlock (EMo), Elli Mylonas (EMy), Simona Stoyanova (SS), Charlotte Tupman (CT)
Apologies: Pietro & Tom

For an agenda, we started by going through the notes by CT and EMo last month. I'll note decisions/to-dos below:

1. Membership of this group. GB will invite Polina Yordanova (Sofia) and Laura Löser (St Andrews); EMy will invite Scott DiGiulio (formerly Brown).

2. We agreed that for future EDAG sprints we shall attempt to use Google Hangouts instead of Skype. GB thinks he has Google contacts for everyone relevant.

3. EMy will add the EAGLE Storytelling app and Sematia to the EpiDoc tools wiki. GB will add a page on translation of the Guidelines to the wiki.

4. CT will look into the Google analytics of the Guidelines and report on pathways into and through the GLs. (Do users use discipline TOCs as we intend, or mostly search, or some other pathway to their desired content?)

5. We should remind everyone (principally ourselves) periodically to update the EpiDoc bibliography at http://www.stoa.org/epidoc/gl/latest/app-bibliography.html . Have you written an article about EpiDoc recently? Please add it. (Or email to GB and he'll collate and add later.) Pietro, in particular, would you like to add the EAGLE volume, and any of the papers therein that specifically address EpiDoc?

6. GB will send a long-promised email about the EpiDoc ontology/expressing EpiDoc concepts in CIDOC CRM  *t o d a y* !

7. The next EpiDoc release (version 8.22) will take place on June 30, and EMy will be the release technician. In addition to the heads-up on June 16 and freeze on June 23, she will send a reminder to the list around the beginning of June, asking for suggestions and priorities. We'll try to include site redesign (EMy to send wireframes soon) as well as XSLT fixes (esp. apparatus) in this release, which will also take account of changes in TEI P5 3.0.0.

8. There was some discussion of recent changes to the XSLT that revealed long-standing but previously arcane bugs. (See ticket https://sourceforge.net/p/epidoc/bugs/148/ for example.) EMo will add a feature request stressing the importance of a testing regime for all new XSLT changes. GB also stressed that changes should be parametrised where at all possible, to minimise the impact on others.

9. Next sprint: Tuesday May 17th, 15:00 BST (=10:00 EDT=09:00 CDT=16:00 CEDT=17:00 EEST), unless a time change is requested.

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.